Happy Friday! Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy Weekend!
Fridays are fun days, and this one’s a holiday and a snow day, so let’s get this started the right way…
What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman?
Ba dum tssshhh :) Without further ado, heeeeeere’s my Friday Five!
1. Homemade “pizza” and breakfast foods have been my go-to foods most of this week. With all this snow, Mike’s been MIA around here because he’s out plowing and shoveling (aka making $$$). As a result, I haven’t been cooking. Apparently I would not have a very balanced diet if I lived alone. Good thing I don’t.
2. This is how I spent my snow day.. watching Scandal. Lots and lots of Scandal.
3. My brand new KitchenAid mixer <3 This was a Christmas/birthday present from Mike’s parents.. I was so surprised and so excited when I opened this massive box on Christmas day. Wednesday was the first time I got to use it though. I made this recipe minus the chocolate chips and as muffins instead of bread. Oh my yum!
4. RIP Shirley Temple – I made the classic drink earlier this week in memory of the actress-turned-ambassador.
5. Early Valentine’s Day gifts from my valentine <3
Champagne (& champagne glasses!), my favorite candy, and Ellen’s I’m Gonna Make You Dance Jams!
We “celebrated” a little early (which really just consisted of exchanging our little gifts because I had to work) because of the snow/plowing, but I’m reaaallllyyy hoping Mother Nature calms down tonight and I actually get to spend Valentine’s Day with Mike. Fingers crossed we get a night of pizza and dancing to Ellen’s jams!
Are you celebrating tonight? What’s on the agenda?
What’s your favorite candy?
Any punny jokes to share? I’m just in that kind of mood today ;)