Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick your top five of anything? I did the best I could! :)
The Santa Clause – This is the movie that marks the beginning of the Christmas season for me. I love EVERYTHING about it and could watch it every day in December.
- “Ba da da dum.. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…” Love. This. Song.
- Charlie is awesome. I laugh at just about everything he says.
- One of my fav Charlie lines: “Out by the roof, there’s a Rose Suchak ladder.”
- Bernard the Elf <3
- “Not too hot. Extra chocolate. Shaken, not stirred.” Umm.. I want that hot chocolate.
- The little girl that leaves out soy milk for the “lactose intolerant” Santa Claus
A Charlie Brown Christmas – How can you not love this movie? The Peanuts gang is always awesome.
- I LOVE the way the Peanuts dance. (The boy in the orange shirt is my favorite.)
- Charlie Brown’s tree <3
- Linus’ monologue – duh
- “It’s too early. I never eat December snowflakes. I always wait until January.” As a January baby, this line from Lucy is one of my favorites.. I love January snowflakes, too. ;)
Love Actually – I already wrote an entire post dedicated to this movie.. you can read it here!
Prancer – This movie was an absolute staple growing up. My whole family loved it, and we’d watch it more than once during the month of December. For those of you who haven’t seen it, here’s a little summary…
Jessica, an 8-year-old girl who recently lost her mother, is obsessed with Christmas. While walking home from school one day, she sees a wooden reindeer fall onto the street from an old town Christmas decoration. She figures out that the fallen reindeer is Prancer. Jessica later comes across an injured reindeer in the woods and decides it is the real Prancer. She realizes she needs to get the reindeer back to Santa in time for Christmas, but there are a lot of obstacles preventing her from doing that.
- One of the best parts of this movie is just how much Jessica loves Christmas. She sings Christmas carols at the top of her lungs.. even though it’s very obvious that no one appreciates her singing. She’s just such a cute little kid.
- Bonus: There’s a sequel to this movie that is nowhere near as good as the first, but that’s okay because John Corbett stars in it!
5-way Tie for #5 (because I just couldn’t decide)
- Home Alone – This is a new favorite because I never really watched it when I was younger.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – I really love the Jim Carrey one.. and its soundtrack :)
- Miracle on 34th Street – Another childhood staple in our house. Yay Macy’s! ;)
- The Year Without a Santa Claus – Snow Miser and Heat Miser!
- Elf – Because the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
Tell me your top 5 Christmas movies!