Thank you, Tracey at Coffee N College, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
This award asks you to tell everyone 7 things about yourself. I actually did the random facts thing pretty recently here, but I’m sure I can come up with another 7 fascinating things to tell you about myself
1. I liked school. A lot. And I miss it now. I really enjoy discussing books, movies, articles, plays, current events, etc. etc. I like talking to people, hearing what they have to say about a topic, deciding whether or not I agree with them, and giving my own opinion. I feel like I do this so much less now that I don’t sit in a classroom on a regular basis, and that’s a shame.
2. I didn’t really like the beach as a kid. We didn’t go very often, but I hated getting sand in my bathing suit. Now, it is one of my happy places. There are few things I enjoy more than laying on the beach with a good book.
3. My high school has one of the oldest high school football rivalries in the country. It’s a Turkey Day game, which means I’ve spent many Thanksgiving mornings drinking in a parking garage with my high school friends. During my senior year of college, I went home for the weekend to attend the first ever Gatorade Replay game which “resolved a 1993 tie” (aka 30-something-year-old men played in a football game to decide who “won” a game that was played 16 years earlier). Eli and Peyton Manning “coached” the teams. It was definitely one of the coolest things that’s happened in my town.
4. I love hearing about other people’s lives. It’s not about gossip or anything like that.. I’m truly interested in the ways other people live their lives – the choices they make, the experiences they have. I think that’s why I love social media so much.
5. I want to learn to speak a foreign language so badly. The problem? I can’t decide which language to learn. I took Spanish in high school, but I was so not a fan of those classes. I took one Italian class during my senior year of college and loved it. Unfortunately, it was my last semester, so that was the only class I was able to take. Italian is still my top choice for which language to learn, but Spanish seems so much more practical. My indecision has kept me from actually pursuing either of those options. I should probably just suck it up and pick one.
6. Cooking is quickly becoming one of my favorite activities. I love trying out new recipes, and it makes me so happy when someone tells me they liked something I made. I really only cook for Mike at this point, but he’s not shy about telling me what he thinks of the things I make. Lately, I’ve actually enjoyed the foods we’re eating at home more than what we order when we’re out.
7. I love greeting cards. I love sending them to people, and I love seeing them in the mail. Sending someone a card is such an easy way to let them know you’re thinking about them.
Let me slip another award into this same post Another big thanks to Meghan at After the Ivy League for nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Let’s answer some Super Sweet Questions.
1. Cookies or cake? Definitely cookies. I LOVE making cookies during the holidays.. and I don’t mind eating them, either
2. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, for sure. Unless it’s ice cream.. I’ve never been a fan of chocolate ice cream.
3. What is your favorite sweet treat? Brownies with ice cream! Pumpkin or mint chocolate chip, preferably.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? After dinner, for sure. I always need at least a little piece of something.
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Ugh, I actually hate nicknames like that, so I’m going to pass on this question.
The second part of each of these blogging awards is to nominate other bloggers! I’m nominating the following for whichever of these they prefer
Alex @ The Run Within
Christina @ Hungry Meets Healthy
Julia @ Life Full of Jules