Oooh, Jess at Jessie Bear, What Will You Wear? nominated me for a Liebster Award (weeeeeks ago.. guess I’ve been slacking)!
I’ve been seeing the Liebster Award a lot lately, so I figured I’d Google it to see what it’s all about. Apparently, liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. So, thanks Jess!
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
Create 11 new questions.
Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
Random facts about ME
1. It is my goal to visit all 50 states. I’ve checked a few off in the last year and I’m hoping for even more exploring next year!
2. I collect quotes. When I find one I really like, I write it down in a big notebook I’ve been keeping since freshman year of college.
3. I am a CHEK Certified Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1. I spent a weekend at a hotel 40 minutes outside of San Diego, locked in a conference room for 10 hours a day learning about the body and how to maintain health through stress management and lifestyle coaching.
4. I worked in a grocery store daycare for four years. (What?! A daycare in a grocery store? Yes, brilliant idea, right?) I spent my days coloring, watching Disney movies, playing Connect 4, and “eating” plastic food. I miss the stories that came from that job.. kids really do say (and do) the darndest things.
5. I transferred colleges in between sophomore and junior year. It was a really hard decision to make, but it was definitely the right move. Being a student at Rowan University got me the internship that led to my current job. (And obviously all of my girlfriends from Rowan are super awesome.)
6. I HATED the taste of coffee for most of my life. We got a Keurig a couple months ago, and I am obsessed. I now have a cup of coffee at least 3 mornings a week.
7. My goal during college was to eventually get a job in NYC and move there. I am so glad I didn’t. I love being a tourist in the city wayyy too much to live there and chance becoming jaded.
8. I love midnight movie premieres. The movies seem so much better with all that anticipation (and all the diehard fans) in the theater!
9. I also love live music. There’s something about actually being able to see a person singing and playing a musical instrument puts me in a really good, relaxed mood.
10. I have a hard time following my own advice.
11. I read my horoscope every single day.
Questions from Jess
1. If you could pack your bags and leave now for anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy. I don’t think there’s any explanation necessary for that answer.
2. Do you have siblings or are you an only child? I have one brother. He’s two years younger than me, but everyone always assumes I’m the younger sibling.
3. What’s your dream job? That’s a great question. It’s also one that’s been causing me a decent amount of stress lately. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
4. Who or what inspires you and why? Books and movies inspire me. When I watch/read about a character who possesses a quality I wish I had, I am usually inspired to work towards it.
5. What’s your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. There’s a whole month leading up to this holiday – an entire month of celebrations, decorations, baking, shopping, music, movies, etc. Most holidays only get one day, which is just not enough time to properly celebrate, in my opinion.
6. Would you rather go out and eat or stay in and cook? I’ve become much more interested in cooking in the last two years. I love finding a new recipe and trying it out. A new dish, a glass of wine, and some good TV make for the best nights with the boy.
7. What’s your favorite food as a child and do you like it now? Kraft Macaroni n Cheese. I eat it occasionally.. it’s a good cure for a hangover haha.
8. Do you prefer sweets or salty foods? Sweets! I have a pretty nasty sweet tooth.
9. Favorite movie? At the moment, it’s Love Actually.
10. If it was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why? I would wander around Philadelphia or NYC with my boyfriend, meet up with friends and family at various bars, restaurants, etc. I love exploring new cities, but for my last day on Earth, I’d want to be in one of my favorites.
11. What’s your favorite sound and smell? I love the smell of peppermint.. it makes me feel warm. I’m not really sure about my favorite sound.. I think it would be the silence that comes with a snowfall. I don’t hear that anymore living in SC, but I’m hoping to hear it during this trip to NJ.
My Questions (which I’m also going to answer)
1. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? We don’t get too many truly rainy days here, so I try to take advantage of them when they do come around.. by laying on the couch watching movies and reading ALL DAY.
2. What was the first concert you ever attended? How old were you? HANSON!!! I was in 5th grade, so 11? Still one of my favorite groups.
3. What song makes you rock out in your car? Disney songs. One time, I was driving to visit some friends at a school 5ish hours away from mine. I made a CD of Disney songs to sing along to (to make sure I stayed awake for the entire drive). I was singing at the top of my lungs and noticed a car full of people watching me. Not embarrassing at all.
4. How do you usually celebrate your birthday? When I was younger, my parents always had a party for me at our house. In college and the first 2 years after, I had pregame parties before hitting up a bar. My birthday is in a couple weeks, and I have NO idea what I’ll be doing for it.
5. Do you prefer cold weather or hot weather? Not a huge fan of either. I’m a big fan of the in-betweens. I will say, though, that after being in NJ for three weeks, I could do without how cold it was there. Living in the south has made it even harder for me to deal with cold weather now.
6. You can only eat one food for the rest of your life (nutrition is out the window) – what is it? Pizza. Not even a question.
7. Which movie could you watch on repeat? Remember the Titans. I have watched it on repeat.. love it.
8. When you go to the zoo, which animal is your favorite to watch? The tigers when they’re in a playful mood. Otherwise, the monkeys.. they’re always so entertaining!
9. What’s your favorite outfit? Yoga pants and a v-neck tshirt have become my uniform lately.. super comfortable. I love wearing jeans with boots, though!
10. Do you prefer to eat the same foods or try new ones? I was the pickiest eater growing up. I always ordered the same thing whenever we went out to eat, and we had to have the same meals all the time because that’s what my mom knew I would eat. Now? While I still have my “comfort” foods, I do like to try new recipes.. and I’ve been working on actually trying new foods (although I usually take one bit and decide I’m done hah).
11. When getting ready, what do you do first (hair, makeup, clothes)? I always do my hair first. Sometimes the makeup gets done while I’m waiting for my straightener to heat up, but not usually.
Nominated Bloggers – to be completely honest, I’m not sure I know 11 bloggers (who haven’t already done this) at this point. So why don’t those of you who are reading this just answer my questions (or just 1 or 2 of them) in the Comments section