Last night’s dinner (and today’s lunch) was a success! I found this recipe on Pinterest (weird, I know). Stephanie of A Year of Slow Cooking said this is the recipe that made her fall in love with her crockpot. How could I not try it? Mike kept taking the lid off the crockpot just to smell it, and I caught him sneaking a taste on more than one occasion yesterday. I made a few tweaks to the original recipe, so here’s what we had for dinner:
- 1 pound ground beef
- taco seasoning (I make my own)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies
- shredded cheese for topping
- Brown the ground beef. Season with taco seasoning.
- Add beef to crockpot. Sprinkle ranch dressing mix on top of it.
- Drain and rinse beans, and add to crockpot.
- Add entire contents of corn and tomato cans.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).
- Serve topped with cheese. Enjoy!
Bonus recipe today! I just made some Banana Oatmeal Muffins.. they’re really easy to make and perfect to keep in the fridge and heat up when you need a little snack.. or for breakfast. Good for sticking in the lunch bag and taking with you, too.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease muffin tin.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I used my Ninja), and blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among the 12 cups in the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipes like these are making Eat In Month pretty easy
Completely unrelated, but I’m really loving the randomness that is putting my iPod on shuffle. This is what was playing while I wrote this post: “A Goodnight’s Sleep” by The Starting Line, “Atlantic City” by Bruce Springsteen, “Better Than This” by Brad Paisley, “If I Can’t Have You” by Kelly Clarkson, and “Viva Forever” by the Spice Girls.