Last night’s dinner (and today’s lunch) was a success! I found this recipe on Pinterest (weird, I know). Stephanie of A Year of Slow Cooking said this is the recipe that made her fall in love with her crockpot. How could I not try it? Mike kept taking the lid off the crockpot just to smell it, and I caught him sneaking a taste on more than one occasion yesterday. I made a few tweaks to the original recipe, so here’s what we had for dinner:
- 1 pound ground beef
- taco seasoning (I make my own)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies
- shredded cheese for topping
- Brown the ground beef. Season with taco seasoning.
- Add beef to crockpot. Sprinkle ranch dressing mix on top of it.
- Drain and rinse beans, and add to crockpot.
- Add entire contents of corn and tomato cans.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).
- Serve topped with cheese. Enjoy!
Bonus recipe today! I just made some Banana Oatmeal Muffins.. they’re really easy to make and perfect to keep in the fridge and heat up when you need a little snack.. or for breakfast. Good for sticking in the lunch bag and taking with you, too.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease muffin tin.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I used my Ninja), and blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among the 12 cups in the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipes like these are making Eat In Month pretty easy ;)
Completely unrelated, but I’m really loving the randomness that is putting my iPod on shuffle. This is what was playing while I wrote this post: “A Goodnight’s Sleep” by The Starting Line, “Atlantic City” by Bruce Springsteen, “Better Than This” by Brad Paisley, “If I Can’t Have You” by Kelly Clarkson, and “Viva Forever” by the Spice Girls.